Friday, June 5, 2009

I Made It! Cozy Crafts Market - June 7th @ the JCC


Yes, I know the Arts Festival is going on, and there's a yard sale bonanza in Highland Park, but that's no reason not to come out to the I Made It! Market at the Jewish Community Center in Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill neighborhood.

Interestingly, while I've never been to a synagogue, according to the rules of Judaism, I'm 100% Jewish. That's because my mother, her mother, and every woman in my family going back to the beginning of time was Jewish. Who knew it could be so easy?

Perhaps even more interestingly, my father's mother was Jewish, but as an adult he became a born-again atheist. My mother, on the other hand, became a born-again Christian.

But on the subject of ceramics, I'll have some new pieces fresh from the kiln. Some are soda-fired, some are reduction fired. Most are drinking vessels, but I've got a few really sweet large bowls and plates.

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment