Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Porcelaine 150

Porcelaine 150 is on overglaze, similar to enamel but baked on at a considerably lower temperature. My friend Junji suggested that I apply red paint into the recesses of my stamped logo to make it look more like my printed logo, which is inspired by the Asian style of stamped seals, commonly referred to as a chop.

It really works best on white pottery, but it looks good on the yellow pieces I tried it on, as well.

Of course, the real intended use of overglaze is not to be applied into recesses, but painted on as a decoration. I'll be trying my hand some of that here shortly!

1 comment:

  1. The stamp looks pretty good! The color is bright, and I think it's a nice contrast and color combination to the white glaze and reduced black body.
    It's another step that is not necessarily quick and easy, but it's a nice additional detail to the pot! Nice work :)
    It says Kristen, but it's me, you know.

    ReplyDelete