Thursday, July 1, 2010

Introducing The Vamps Boutique

For the first time, I'll be selling my ceramics at a consignment shop. While I've been asked to do so before, I just never felt obliged for one reason or another. But when Mel asked me to be a part of the new project housed within a tattoo shop in Pittsburgh's "Little Italy" I jumped at the chance. I like the notion of selling my pots to other young people, and I know quite a few of my friends and peers get their tattoos from Tattoo Noir (especially from the punk-rock-loving, fellow-cyclist Jason Angst).

Because there are so many cyclists that frequent the tattoo shop, Mel requested a bunch of bicycle-themed decal pottery. She also saw some of my older work online, and fell in love with my chalices. Though they're kind of a pain in the butt to make, I obliged and whipped out a new batch just in time for the grand opening.

The Vamps Boutique is celebrating with a grand opening party on Saturday, July 3rd 2010. If you're in the neighborhood anytime after 7pm, stop by 4514 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15224, or call 412-681-6881 for regular gallery hours.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jeff,
    I just wanted to post a quick note to tell you that the RSS feed for this blog has been added to the Potters and Ceramic Artists Blog Feed at Pottery Making Info. Thanks for all the hard work with your clay and your blog!

    ReplyDelete