Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Wow, it's been more than a few minutes since I've updated this blog. This winter rolled into spring, and I found myself traveling a bit (including a trip to Seattle for NCECA) and to D.C. where I got to visit the Freer and Sackler Galleries (and consequently I was able to see all 36 of Hokusai's views of Mt. Fuji).

In Seattle I was blown away by the amazing work, and I was fortunate enough to meet some incredible artists in person, including ones who I've only known through Facebook, such as Sin-ying Ho and Jinhhun Kim.

Speaking of Facebook, if you're a member please "like" my Jeff Guerrero Ceramics page. I update it a lot more often than this blog. But as always, I do hope to dedicate more time to this official site in the future.

In the meantime, I've been working quite a bit in the studio, and learning more about firing gas kilns. We recently got a 40 cubic foot Bailey downdraft car kiln at MCG, so I'm excited.

I also participated in the annual Clarion University spring woodfiring. I'm told the pots came out great, but since I couldn't make it to the unloading, I have yet to see my own pieces.

As far as pottery goes, I've been toying with inlay designs (see the photo to the right for one of my first attempts) and concentrating on making wares for use in the Japanese tea ceremony. I've been interested in the tea ceremony for some time, but only recently have I taken steps in earnest to learn more about it. I'll report back in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment